The School is in the Carslaw Building, on the south-east side of the central campus, near the northern end of the footbridge crossing City Road from the Wentworth Building. Other nearby buildings include the Eastern Avenue auditorium and lecture-theatre complex, the Madsen Building (housing the School of GeoSciences) and the School of Chemistry Building.
The Carslaw Building dates from the early 1960s, and is named after the eminent mathematician Horatio Scott Carslaw (1870-1954), once Professor of Mathematics in the University. An addition to the building known as the Carslaw Extension was opened in late 1993.
- the School of Mathematics and Statistics
- the Carslaw Learning Hub
- the Faculty of Science office
- the School of Biological Sciences (part)
- the History and Philosophy of Science department
- First Year Physics laboratories
- the Carslaw Lecture Theatres, Lecture Rooms and Tutorial Rooms
The internal university postcode for the Carslaw Building is F07.