Mathematics and Statistics in the Summer School
The School of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of Sydney offers under the name Summer School a selection of units of study as intensive units.
In 2024, the Summer School runs during the University's Intensive January Session
- from Monday, 8 January 2024 until 11 February 2024 (5 weeks).
For each unit of study offered in this intensive session
- lectures and tutorials/labs are given within the first 4 weeks plus 1 day from 8 January until 5 February 2024,
- Census date: Friday, 19 January 2024.
- the Final Exams are scheduled in the week 12 - 16 February 2024.
The date when one can enrol into units of study offered in the Intensive January Session 2024 is not yet provided. However, students who (expect to) fail in semester 2 won’t be able to enrol until they received their marks.
Units of Study offered in the Intensive January Session 2024
- MATH1002 Linear Algebra (3 credit points)
- MATH1021 Calculus of One Variable (3 credit points)
- MATH1023 Multivariable Calculus and Modelling (3 credit points)
- MATH1005 Statistical Thinking about Data (3 credit points)
- MATH1115 Interrogating Data (3 credit points)
- MATH2061 Linear Mathematics and Vector Calculus (6 credit points)
By choosing one or more units of study during Summer School, it is important for you to know that you are in an intensive unit.
If you’re an international student on a student visa, you need to have an active eCoE and visa that covers any period that you're studying in. This means you can’t select units held in an intensive session before the commencement date outlined in your offer letter. If you were approved for a suspension in your first semester of study, you can't select units held in an intensive session before the start date of the standard semester. If you are considering studying an intensive unit, you need to make sure you are enrolled in a full-time study load, where at least 18 credit points is completed during the standard semester. Find out more about your study load requirements.